Welcome to my Obsession!! Saying "I LOVE nail polish" is an understatement! Here you will find nail polish swatches along with my "two cents worth"! I will also show pictures of my "hauls" or online purchases, and what I thought of the suppliers I used.

**Please note this is still, very much, a work in progress and I am new at this blogging thing.**

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Slushied & Shattered - Sephora by OPI Glee Collection


What an exceptional day!!!  Not only did I receive two of my online orders today, but I was also able to finally get my hands on the elusive BLACK SHATTER here in town at "La Bella Vita Spa"!  Woo Hoo!! Yay!!  I should be getting the ones from Spa Boutique next week! I am absolutely IN LOVE with the BLACK SHATTER!!

I know I said I'd swatch a new color tomorrow but I couldn't resist!  I decided to go with "Slushied" from the Sephora by OPI Glee Collection, because its a cream and I figured it would look great with a coat of OPI Black Shatter!  "Slushied" is a light-medium aquamarine cream that was opaque after two coats.  It does remind me of a blue raspberry Slush Puppy!  The color is great and the drying time was very reasonable! I left about 20 minutes between coats to be safe! Here it is pictured below!



Once "Slushied" was dry, I added a coat of OPI Black Shatter! Black Shatter must be applied to completely dry nails, in a thin, quick coat as it dries and starts shattering right away!  What an exciting thing to see, even my husband and kids were amazed as the polish dried and shattered! The picture below is what it looked like before the top coat.  It is more of a matte polish, which I also like!



I decided to add the top coat because I wanted to show this manicure off for a few days and I like the shine! Well, now that I've written extensively about that, on to another MEGA Haul!! As I said in the beginning, I received two online orders today! One was from Spa Boutique and the other from WowShop NY! The order from Spa Boutique consisted of nine OPI polishes I was dying to own, and as per usual the three free samples.  Here is the picture of that order!!


Top row from left tom right: Here Today...Aragon Tomorrow, Diva of Geneva, Cuckoo For This Color and Yodel Me On My Cell.  Bottom row from left to right: Simmer & Shimmer, Show It & Glow It, Bring On the Bling, and Sparkle-icious.  For some reason I forgot to include "Meet Me On The Star Ferry", which is a beautiful color. I will make sure to add a picture on my next post!  Spa Boutique has always provided me with great service, and although the problem with the Black Shatter has soured me slightly, I would order from them again!   They sell OPI for $12/bottle and that is the average online price here in Canada. They offer free shipping for orders over $75, but to ship Express the cost is $17.50. My total wait time for this order was 19 days.

My second order came from a USA company called Wowshop NY!  Let me tell you how impressed I am with them!  My order was shipped next day, via DHL flat rate shipping ($20)!! My wait time for this order...10 days!  WOW! I am also impressed by the fact that the cost of OPI is $6.40/bottle! The Canadian dollar is almost equal to that of the US dollar, so it was totally worth it for me! I ordered six polishes from the OPI Texas Collection and some orangewood sticks.  I also added a seventh bottle to the picture that I bought from my local nail salon "La Bella Vita Spa".  Here is a picture of that:


From left to right: I Vant To Be A-lone Star, Guy meets Gal-veston, Austin-tatious Turquoise, To Hot Pink To Hold 'Em, Don't mess with OPI, Houston We Have A Purple and Suzi Loves Cowboys.  

After receiving my orders, I decided to call Kerri at "La Bella Vita Spa" to see if she might have had the colors I needed to complete the OPI Swiss Collection.  I was able to get two colors that I didn't have: "Color So Hot It Berns" and "Just a Little Rosti At This"! She also told me she had received the Katy Perry Collection and that she was holding a Black Shatter for me!  I got there in record time and when I arrived she asked if I wanted to buy the display...OMG!! OF COURSE!! I also bought a second bottle of  "Teenage Dream"! So all together that is 20 BOTTLES OF PURE COLORFUL BLISS in one day! I am such a greatful and spoiled wife!!  Anyways, I think that I've said enough, perhaps too much, for tonight! It is 3:00am and I'm tired!  Thanks again for visiting and may the OPI polish be with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment